It finally feels like summer! What better to do on a hot summer night than create the perfect dessert for the next day?
- This process from start to finish is an overnight deal (but worth it)! If you're in need of
an emergency chocolate fix, check out our dessert recipes on Pinterest
- The caramel filling requires a slow cooker and takes 8 hours to cook.
– You’ll need two room temperature eggs and 10 tablespoons of softened butter, so set them out!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
5 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
10 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup powdered sugar
2 egg yolks
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate (or 2 oz. unsweetened + 2 tablespoons sugar)
2. Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl until mixture is pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3. Mix in egg yolks (2, room temperature) and vanilla (1/2 tsp.). Add in dry ingredients from step 1.
4. Place dough in a 9″ quiche pan and press evenly throughout bottom and sides of pan.
5. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350˚F. 6. Prick the tart shell all over with a fork and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
1. Place one can (14 oz.) of condensed milk in a slow cooker after the label is removed from the can.
2. Fill cooker insert with water until the top of the can is covered.
3. Heat on low for 8 hours.
4. Open can (SLOWLY) and you’ll find delicious caramel! Spread it across the crust, as seen below.
2. Place chopped chocolate (4 oz.) into a medium bowl and pour hot cream over chocolate.
3. After a minute, stir slowly with a rubber spatula until smooth.
4. Pour ganache evenly over tart and garnish with sea salt.