- whisk first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl until blended.
- beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer until light and fluffy. beat in molasses, yolk, and vanilla. with mixer on low, beat in dry ingredients until dough is just combined and still crumbly. use spatula to meld dough together.
- lay out three 14-inch sheets of waxed paper on a work surface and top each with 1/3 of dough. lightly press down and top with another sheet of waxed paper. with a rolling pin, roll out dough as thin as possible without tearing it, about 1/16 inch thick (this is key to very crispy cookies). gently peel back the top layer of waxed paper and replace it loosely. transfer rolled dough in waxed paper to a cookie sheet and place in freezer. repeat with remaining 2 portions. freeze for 30 minutes.
- heat oven to 325 degrees F. line baking sheets with parchment. remove one sheet of dough from freezer; peel off top sheet of paper. using a 2-3/4-inch-round cookie cutter, cut out rounds and put on baking sheet, spaced 1 inch apart. (gather dough scraps and refrigerate.)
- bake 11 to 12 minutes or until crisp. remove from oven; while hot, sprinkle with turbinado sugar. cut and bake remaining dough. when all scraps are gathered, roll between waxed paper and repeat.
recipe from delish.com
||| happy holidays! -R |||