mid-week treat. okay, these aren’t the healthiest cookies; but, i mean, maple! i tend to be into classic desserts: brownies, chocolate chip cookies, etc. i’m all for a good macaron, but nothing beats the basics for me. warning: even better with sea salt on top, but far more dangerous.
||| enjoy! – r |||
- 1/2 cup of butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (Grade B preferably)
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
1. Cream the butter and sugar together at medium speed for three minutes or until light and fluffy.
2. Add the vanilla extract and egg and mix until well incorporated. Add the maple syrup and mix until well incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just incorporated. Fold in the walnuts. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for thirty minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 350F. Drop spoonfuls of the cookie, about 1 inch balls, onto cookies sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for a minute or two before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
(recipe adapted from simply recipes)